Nursery Admissions Policy 2020 - 2021
Hollybush Primary School aims to provide a fair and transparent admissions system. It aims to provide high quality early years education for children and families within the local area.
Our Nursery provision is staffed by extremely well qualified practitioners and led by a very experienced teacher who is on the school’s Senior Leadership Team.
We offer both 15 & 30 hours funded provisions for those families that qualify.
There is no statutory obligation for children to attend Nursery. As a result of this, the admissions process is entirely separate from the Reception admissions process. This means that having a place in our Nursery does not guarantee successful application for a Reception place.
The School Governors have agreed that we will offer a single entry point in September to children who will have their fourth birthday between 1st September 2020 and 31st August 2021.
If we have places available, we will accept in-year admissions at any point in the school year. If there is competition for places, we will apply our Admission Rules as detailed below:
- Children with an EHCP plan which names the school, in accordance with section 324 of the Education Act 1996
- Children in public care (Children Looked After)
- Children ‘at risk’ – who have a child protection plan or are on the child protection register
- Other applicants
- children who have a particular medical or social need that names the school
- siblings currently at the school (with the exception of Year 6)
- cany other children , priority given to those living nearest to the school
- If a tie-break is needed, a straight line distance measure from home to school is used.
NOTE: If you wish to apply under 4a, you must provide evidence from a relevant professional and submit it to the school by the closing date for applications.
15 Hours Free Provision
We offer 15 hours of free Nursery provision for all 3 and 4 year olds in line with our Admission Rules.
Children entitled to 15 hours provision will attend our Nursery every morning from 9am – 12pm, although there is the option to build up to this over the first few weeks.
30 Hours Free Provision
We offer 30 hours of free Nursery provision for all 3 and 4 year olds whose parents are eligible for the relevant funding. You can check your eligibility here: www.childcarechoices.gov.uk.
If you are eligible, your child may stay at Nursery for lunch, and for the afternoon session which runs from 1pm -3pm