Friday 5th May 2020
Friday 5th June 2020
Hi children, it was great to see you yesterday, again we apologise about the technical problems we had in school, we will zoom from home next week!
Yesterday I was talking to Miss Libutti and we were reminiscing about when we used to work together in year 5. She used to give me really tasty, simple Italian recipes. So, we thought that because you were so amazing at making your pizzas last week, you could try something different. So, here we go!
Miss Libutti’s carbonara
Ingredients (for 4 people)
5 egg yolks
A double pack of smoked pancetta or some chopped up smoked bacon
Olive oil for frying the pancetta
Salt and pepper to taste (a lot of black pepper tastes great!)
Spaghetti or any pasta of your choice (as much as you like)
Parmesan or pecorino cheese (as much as you like)
- Put the egg yolks in a bowl and whisk.
- Add salt/pepper and parmesan to eggs.
- In a saucepan add some olive oil and cook the pancetta until it is crispy.
- Cook enough pasta for the people you are catering for.
- Mix the pasta in the egg and then add the crispy pancetta and stir around.
Serve with a lovely salad and enjoy!