Communication & Language
Share as many versions of the story as you can. Look at the book if you have it at home, listen to the animated version of the story together or perhaps you have the DVD at home together watch too. Talk about the following;
- Where is the story set? (The forest/ woodland)
- Who are the main characters? Which character is your favourite?
- Who is the Gruffalo? What does he look like? Can you use adjectives (describing words) to describe what he looks like? Do you think the Gruffalo is a scary/ kind/ friendly character? Why?
- What happens at the beginning/ middle/ end of the story?
- What is your favourite part of the story? Why?